About the Store
We are a proud member of the Independent Natural Food Retailers Association (INFRA). INFRA is a purchasing cooperative owned and governed by independent natural and organic food retailers of all sizes working together to leverage our voice in the industry.
Albert Stuart opened The Healthy Way in April of 1994 as an acupuncture and smoothie bar. It was then purchased by Fred and Dawn Witting, who turned it into a healthy food and supplements store. Adam Goettelman, the current owner, bought the business in 2015. Adam had been a produce supplier to the Healthy Way through his farm.
Today, the friendly and diligent staff and downtown location truly make this Sturgeon Bay’s community market.
Every decision we make for our store is made with the environment in mind. That includes choosing vendors who make sustainable choices using biodegradable packaging, composting, recycling packing materials, upgrading to energy efficient equipment and purchasing renewable energy credits.
1. We care for the earth by promoting organic, regenerative agriculture, and biodynamic farming methods. Healthy soil leads to healthy lives.
2. We are committed to sourcing products with clean ingredients.
3. We support each individual’s quest to learn more about healthy living.
4. We act with honesty, integrity and transparency.
5. If a mistake is made, we take responsibility and we make things right.
6. We are committed to honoring each customer with outstanding service.
7. We are flexible and innovative – we don’t always do what we always do.
8. We grow small businesses along with our own.
9. The small things matter.
10. We improve constantly.
We’re diligent about knowing where our food comes from and using our mission to create positive change to ensure a vibrant and sustainable food system. We’re proud to support companies doing great work by delivering products that are good for our families, environment, and community.
Our vendors are proud members and committed companies with the below organizations: